Now, we’re not taking sides in this election, but you’ve got to admit that all this Trump hate has given way for what is probably the best music movement leading up to an election. There have always been propaganda songs in the past years, or just small artists voicing their support. But never has a presidential candidate singlehandedly inspired not one, not two, but thirty songs (and this is not counting the phenomenal Golden Dump (The Trump Hump) video by Klemen Slakonja).
- Death Cab For Cutie – Million Dollar Loan
- Aimee Mann – Can’t You Tell
- Bhi Bhiman – With Love, From Russia
- Jim James – Same Old Lie
- Franz Ferdinand – Demagogue
- Josh Ritter – The Temptation of Adam
- Thao – Before You Vote
- EL VY – Are These My Jets
- R.E.M. – World Leader Pretend
- Adia Victoria – Backwards Blues
- Moby and The Homeland Choir – Trump Is On Your Side
- Moby and the Void Pacific Choir – Little Failure
- Lila Downs – The Demagogue
- U.S. Elevator – Old Man Trump (feat. Mac McCaughan and Tim Bluhm)
Think of this as your pre-Music Monday fix. Happy listening!